Cocobanana Hair Mask
Hair feeling a bit frazzled? Enjoy this tropical mix of Cocobanana that will lift your mood and leave your hair feeling nourished and glowing!
1 ripe banana
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of oats
Time it takes to blend: 5 minutes
Time it will take for you to glow: 15 minutes
Body / Skin Concerns I target:
I’m your 3 in 1 to combat your hair’s dullness & dryness…
Banana: My potassium gives your hair the TLC it needs. It helps to minimise breakages from your straighteners and strengthens your hair.
Oats: You’ve probably not used me much on your hair but I’m super rich in vitamin B so I work well to help strengthen your hair and leave your tresses silky smooth and shiny the natural way (move aside silicones)! I’ll also help stop your mask running down your fav onsie because that’s the type of guy I am.
Coconut Oil: I did tell you I’m a multi-tasker. Apart from leaving your hair smelling amazing, my vitamin E will moisturise your hair and encourage growth (yeah eating your crusts was kinda a myth your parents told you). I’ve also got a cheeky bit of lauric acid that will help prevent dandruff.
How to blend:
- Put your banana and oats into a blender
- Blend them up for 30 seconds until you create a smooth, lump puree.
- Add in your coconut oil and give it another whirl in the blender (20 seconds should do the trick) until its frothy and creamy
How to glow:
- Wet your hair (you may want to get into the shower or bath)
- Use your fingers to apply the mask evenly through your hair strands as well as your scalp
- Leave on for 15 – 30 minutes and relax (perfect time to watch your fave episode on Netflix)
- Rinse off to reveal conditioned, shiny hair!
Twists you should try:
Add 1 teaspoon of honey (Manuka is best) or milk to your hair mask if your hair is particularly dry
Top tips for your Blend-It-Yourself beauty success:
Make sure your hair is damp before applying the hair mask as this will make the mask easier to apply
This recipe is for a one off treatment. Whip it up fresh each time you use it babe!